linkedin instagram facebook plus

At Pension Fund, our members are our top priority. If you have any question, whether big or small, feel free to contact us by phone, email or our website. You can also search for an answer to your question in our FAQs below.


Can I roll over funds to or from Pension Fund accounts?

In most cases. Pension Fund can accept funds from 401(k), 403(b), 457(b) plans or traditional IRAs to roll into the Pension Fund's Traditional IRA, Roth IRA or 403(b) Tax-Deferred Retirement Account. We can’t roll over dollars into the Pension Plan.


  • Contact Pension Fund for the necessary paperwork to roll over funds into a Pension Fund account, or find the rollover forms on our website. Please also include a copy of the most recent statement from the institution currently holding the funds.

  • If rolling over from a Pension Fund account, ask the receiving institution if it’s able to accept 403(b) funds. We can’t roll over funds from the Pension Plan because it's a defined benefit retirement savings plan (versus defined contribution).

  • All requests for rollovers must be in writing.

What’s the best way to request a withdrawal from my account?

All requests for funds must be submitted on the appropriate form for the type of account from which you would like to make a withdrawal. All distribution request forms may be submitted via fax, a scanned email attachment or postal mail. To access the proper forms, you can print them directly from our website, call to request them from a Member Services Specialist at 866.495.7322, or email your request to Requests received prior to 1:00 p.m. EST are processed the same day, and requests received after 1:00 p.m. EST will be processed the following business day. Please allow up to 48 business hours of processing time for any request exceeding $50,000 USD.

I’ve ended my employment. What’s the next step?


Lay employees vested in the Pension Plan:

  • Pension Fund must receive notification of termination from the employer.

  • Once Pension Fund receives notice of termination, an Options form will be sent to the Pension Plan member to complete and return.

Lay employees not vested in the Pension Plan:

  • Pension Fund must receive notification of termination from the employer.

  • Non-vested employees cannot continue membership in the Pension Plan; however, the refundable portion of member dues (usually 3%) are eligible for rollover.

  • Once the Pension Fund receives notice of termination, a Statement of Withdrawal and Release is sent to the non-vested member to complete and return.

Do I need to send a deposit slip when contributing funds to my BAA, Roth IRA, etc.?

While a deposit slip is not necessary, we do encourage our members to include a contribution remittance form specific to the account type in which you’ll be depositing. To access the proper forms, you can print them directly from our website, call to request them from a Member Services Specialist at 866.495.7322, or email your request to If you aren’t able to submit your deposit with a contribution form, please make sure you have clearly noted your account number and account type on the memo line of your check.

For expedited processing of all physical checks, deposits should be mailed to our lockbox in Detroit, Michigan:

Pension Fund of the Christian Church
Dept 78885
P.O. BOX 78000
Detroit, MI 48278-0885

If you are authorizing a one-time or recurring ACH transaction, please submit the form via fax (317.634.4071), scanned email attachment to or via mail (P.O. Box 6251, Indianapolis, IN, 46206-6251).

This is the quickest, most efficient way to deposit funds into your account.

When can I expect to receive my pension/annuity payment or reoccurring distribution?

All U.S. pensions, annuities and reoccurring monthly withdrawals are paid on the first business day of each month. This is extremely important to keep in mind when the first of the month falls on a weekend or holiday. If you receive a paper check, the funds will be mailed to you on the first business day of the month. Members with non-U.S. bank accounts are paid on a quarterly basis, at the beginning of each quarter.

What do I need to do to update my contact information?

To protect our members from the threat of identity theft, all address and information changes must be received in writing with your written signature. Members may use the Changes in Personal Status form or simply submit the updated information via handwritten correspondence. All changes, whether submitted on the form or by letter, may be submitted to our office via fax to 317.634.4071, a scanned email attachment to, or postal mail to:

Pension Fund of the Christian Church
P.O. Box 6251, Indianapolis, IN 46206-6251

How do I change or designate a beneficiary?

Please request or complete a Beneficiary Designation Form and return it to Pension Fund. We’ll update your account with the information provided.

What do I need to do when a member dies?

While it's difficult to remember this type of detail during a family member's death, we ask that you contact us as soon as you’re able. We need to know the member's name, date of passing, survivors and contact information for the spouse (as applicable). If the spouse is no longer living, we’ll need the name and contact information for another family member or executor of the member's will. If the spouse is living but unable to handle his/her affairs, we must have contact information for his/her power of attorney.

What are the contribution and benefit limits for my retirement program?

The IRS provides the dollar limitations on benefits and contributions on qualified retirement plans. To view the most recent IRS guidelines, you can visit the IRS website.

Why doesn’t Pension Fund send deposit receipts any longer?

Pension Fund now offers online access to our member portal, MyPensionFund (linked on our homepage under “My Account”) so members can monitor their balances, withdrawals and deposits. You may also call us toll-free or email us to find out if a deposit has posted. If you haven’t registered for our online portal and would like assistance in setting up your account, please call to speak with a Member Services Specialist. We’ll be happy to walk you through the process!

Tax Withholding

Why is Pension Fund requiring updated withholding elections forms (W-4P forms)?

Some tax relief provisions are scheduled to expire at the end of year. With these possible tax rate changes, Pension Fund wants to ensure each member has reviewed and updated tax elections.

I’ve never had taxes withheld. Why do I need taxes withheld now?

You may elect no tax withholding. However, you must complete the W-4P form, selecting the box next to the statement "Do NOT withhold federal income tax from any distributions."

Where can I locate the State and/or Federal Tax Withholding form for regular distributions?

You can find a list of federal substitute and state-specific withholding forms on our website.


What is an “RMD”?

RMD means Required Minimum Distribution (some refer to it as MRD, Minimum Required Distribution). This is the amount that persons must begin receiving each year from their IRA, 403(b) and 401(k) retirement accounts upon reaching age 70½. If you are still actively employed and/or contributing to your account, please contact our office for more information regarding deferment of your RMD.


Does Pension Fund offer life insurance?

While the Pension Fund does not offer life insurance, we do offer Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance through Reliance Standard. Members currently contributing to their Pension Plan also have an active service death benefit and disability benefit available.

What are this year's mileage rates?

You can find this year's standard mileage rates here.